image credit: Pixabay

NOAA ups hurricane forecast, now says 65% chance above-normal

August 5, 2021

The US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has updated its forecast for the 2021 Atlantic hurricane season, saying that it now anticipates an even more active year in the Atlantic tropics, with now a 65% chance of above-normal activity levels.

Earlier this year, before the current hurricane season began, NOAA had forecast a 60% chance of an above-normal season, a 30% chance of a near-normal season, and a 10% chance of a below-normal season.

Read More on Artemis BM